Friday, December 3, 2010

Moving On

Brian officially will be finished with his job on December 17th. I'm not quite sure how this makes me feel. I will be more than happy to have my husband home on nights for dinner and weekends together, but I have somewhat adapted to life alone. I am really lonely when he has been away for sporting events, but one must realize it has been this way since we were married. We got married in May of 2008 and he started in July of 2008, so my whole marriage has been Brian working "again". I have gone to many family events by myself and have taken many road trips to meet friends so I was not alone.
Now Brian will be home more, and I'm going to have to adapt to that as well. I can't imagine what life will be like when we have every weekend together. Most the time when he had weekends off we went to visit family or friends, or they came to us, so we really had very few weekends with just us. I am excited to finally have that experience that most couples get often.
Brian's current work plans include subbing until something full time comes open in the PE field. It's difficult to find something in the middle of the school year as well as in PE. So prayers are welcome as we try to figure this stage of life out. Hopefully moving on from being apart so much!

1 comment:

Bekka said...

I'm excited for you two -- you'll love the time together...yes, it's an adjustment, but well worth it! I'll be praying about his job prospects...sometimes positions open up when you least expect them to.