Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Running in the rain

Recently I have been attempting to prepare for a 10K on Sept 7th. I have not been as disciplined as I would like to be, however. I really love to run in the mornings when a lot of the world is still asleep and I can weave on and off roadways without the fear of getting hit. (The cars are still there, but not nearly as many.) Since Brian has to be at work earlier, we have not had the opportunity to run in the morning. So we went for a run last night... and this is why I don't like to run in the afternoon/ early evening.
6:30 Brian gets home from work
6:45 Drive to running destination (pouring like crazy)
7:20 Drive to another running destination (small drizzles)
7:30 Start run... get stopped by two different people to chat. Nice, but not running condusive.
8:10 Finish run
8:30 Eat dinner
And then... my whole evening is OVER!!! And to top it off I was running up this huge hill on campus and to my left I hear it... THE DOWN POUR. You know the rain that you can see and hear coming? So I hightail it up the hill and by this time Brian has gone after the car with the dog, who mind you is disgusting from the lite drizzle rain. And it hits! Needless to say we went running in the rain. A monsoon. Ahhhh.

No comments: